- This event has passed.
Integrated approach to chronic pain
November 4, 2017 @ 8:45 am - 5:00 pm
· Revision of terminology related to pain, pain pathways, the concept of sensitisation and neuroplasticity
· Practical – Case studies – 2-3 case studies presented. Participants given time to appraise the case studies and devise a treatment plan showing clinical reasoning, notes are kept for discussion and development later in the day
· Lecture – Belief systems around pain and behavioural response
· Practical – role play around coaching strategies to assist someone to become more autonomous in the management of their pain
· Lecture – Autonomic nervous system and pain
· Practical – Techniques for addressing dysregulation of the ANS
· Lecture – Movement and exercise for chronic pain
· Practical – Case scenarios given for which participants in groups devise strategies to improve movement in chronic pain patients and role play teaching a patient
· Conclusion – Revisit initial case studies to ascertain how clinical reasoning may have changed following the day’s learning.
GHA BOOKING FORM12. Good Health Academy
Antonia has taught at undergraduate level since 2000 at BCOM in the capacity of a clinic and technique tutor, in addition she has led academic modules in Nutrition and Biochemistry, Dietetics, Visceral Osteopathy and Applied Natural Therapeutics, attaining the role of module leader for all of these topics. Recently she began to lecture regularly on the BSO postgraduate refresher programs.